• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps MP3 player ID3 tag info?

jeffyh

Dec 21, 2010
I'm going crazy trying to figure out ID3 tags on droid. Anyone know what version or how/where android reads its meta tags from?

I've tried soo many tagging apps and although the apps show the info I changed it to, the default music player, google music, and winamp all seem to be reading another tag.

The only way I've been able to correct tags is if I go through my comp on a program like zortam.

The other thing that drives me crazy is that albums seem to be partially defined using the folder structure. Whyyy????

Anyone know any id3 tag apps that work or any music player that reads id3v2 tags to populate the library?

I'm so frustrated that I might consider taking up droid programing to write my own...

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones