1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

MP3 player or file?

Discussion in 'Music & Media' started by Rutterdammer, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Rutterdammer

Rutterdammer Lurker
    None

Feb 14, 2014
    I played a mp3 file with the standard music player on my HTC One. Then there were some interruptions during listening the file, and also i heard some hiss. When i quit the music player and restart it. It was completely gone. So my question is, is it because the file is damaged? or is it an error in the music player, i now listened the file a couple of times back, but i didn't came back. So i am very curious what occured this problem?

Thank you.

Advertisement

2. !on

!on Android Expert
    None

Aug 14, 2011
    Male
    UK
    Were you running other things in the background? That can happen if the CPU is maxing out for something.

3. Rutterdammer

Rutterdammer Lurker
    None

Feb 14, 2014
    thank you for you response!
    Not that i remember... but it cant be possible that the file became damaged? because when a file is damaged, is it possible that the most of the times you can play it without problems, and sometimes with problems?

4. LuvMusic

LuvMusic Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 27, 2010
    Chicago area
    Since it played once with errors and once without errors, I doubt it is the file but you only have two data points. Hard to tell. If the problem with the same file happens again, I would re-rip it and see what happens. I would also rip it at a higher quality / bit rate. That could help with hiss (if the problem happens again).