1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support MP3 player questions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by msuguy71, May 23, 2010.

1. msuguy71

msuguy71 Member

May 14, 2010
    Haslett, MI.
    Hi all, I have some questions and have not been able to correctly google a response.

I know that I can pretty much drag and drop an .mp3 to the phone and the music player will find it. But, what is the best file structure to use so that when I use the album flip feature it works? I used the following and am not sure if it is too many directories:

MP3
    |_
    Artist
    |_
    Album
    |_
    Song

Can people give me their suggestions? I also can't get the stock player to download album art regardless of whether the file is in the internal or sdcard storage. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
    Rick

Advertisement

2. dgourd

dgourd Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Student
    Chicago
    I use a program called MP3tag that I use to manage the tags on the mp3 file. It pulls info (Song Name, Artist, Album name, Album art) form Amazon.com and attaches it to the mp3 file. I then use the move function built into the program to transfer the files to my SD card. I doesn't need a folder structure. It works everytime.

3. TokedUp

TokedUp Well-Known Member

May 1, 2010
    I found, and I know it sounds weird, that the album art shows up eventually. I have about 1700 songs, all dragged and dropped thru usb, as albums, into the MP3 folder and I would say 90% have art. I messed with this so much im leaving it alone.