• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help MP3 player questions

Hi all, I have some questions and have not been able to correctly google a response.

I know that I can pretty much drag and drop an .mp3 to the phone and the music player will find it. But, what is the best file structure to use so that when I use the album flip feature it works? I used the following and am not sure if it is too many directories:

MP3
|_
Artist
|_
Album
|_
Song

Can people give me their suggestions? I also can't get the stock player to download album art regardless of whether the file is in the internal or sdcard storage. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Rick

Hi all, I have some questions and have not been able to correctly google a response.

I know that I can pretty much drag and drop an .mp3 to the phone and the music player will find it. But, what is the best file structure to use so that when I use the album flip feature it works? I used the following and am not sure if it is too many directories:

MP3
|_
Artist
|_
Album
|_
Song

Can people give me their suggestions? I also can't get the stock player to download album art regardless of whether the file is in the internal or sdcard storage. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Rick

I use a program called MP3tag that I use to manage the tags on the mp3 file. It pulls info (Song Name, Artist, Album name, Album art) form Amazon.com and attaches it to the mp3 file. I then use the move function built into the program to transfer the files to my SD card. I doesn't need a folder structure. It works everytime.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones