• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help mp3 problem with Samsung Galaxy Proclaim

sizwizz

Lurker
Oct 16, 2012
When I try downloading an mp3 into my playlist, it shows up in the folder while I have my phone connected to my computer, but as soon as I disconnect, then go to the folder on the phone, nothing is there. When I connect the phone to the computer again, it shows all the mp3's I thought I downloaded. And just FYI, it worked perfectly until today! I shut it down, took the battery out, and started it back up again... same thing. Any ideas as to why it's suddenly doing this?

You're not transferring mp3 files, you're transferring shortcuts to the mp3 files. There just little files pointing to where the real file is on the computer. As long st the phone is connected to the computer, the phone sees the location of the "Real" file and plays it. But when you disconnect them, the phone looks for the location of that real file - which it's no longer connected to - and can't play it.

Right click what you're gong to transfer. Click Properties. If there's a Shortcut tab there, that's the shortcut to the file, not the real file. The real file is in the box labeled Target: Find that one and transfer it to the phone. (Don't get upset - it's one of the most common noob mistakes.)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones