• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

mp3 ringtone for emails

ArXane

Nov 6, 2009
I want to be able to setup different tones for each one of my email accounts. I found the place to change the ringtone but it only has about 10 ringtones in it. However, the main phone ringtone list has all the ones that I copied to the memory card.

Hi ArXane ,

Download this app "Rings Extended" free off the Android market -> Now go to change your ringtone as normal -> when prompted select "Rings Extended" and you will now be able to choose from all the MP3's you put on the Phone :)

Carl

dude...you're awesome. thanks for helping us android noobs...i think the android community is growing larger by leaps and bounds

Upvote 0
I'm obviously missing something....I installed the app, but I don't see where I can select a different ringer for each email address.
***********EDIT*********

YOU HAVE TO OPEN THE MESSAGING OR EMAIL FIRST THEN MENU BUTTON THEN RINGTONE THEN USE RINGS EXTENDED TO FIND YOUR SONG

finally got it working for sms, will try each of the emails next

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones