• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help MP3 ringtone playing too fast when connected to Bluetooth

Hi All,

I have SE Xperia X10 and i would like to share a problem which i found recently,
:thinking:

Once i connect the BH 505 stereo headset to my xperia x10 and when i receive a call the ringtone is awesomely toooooo fast, :mad:

I dont know why it is happening,

The ringtone goes on with a variable sped, not knowing the reason,

Please suggest me the resolution to the so kind problem

My phone is not rooted and its in android 2.3.

When not connected the ringtone is clear and loud,

Please help me ,,

Thanks
Sri

regular headsets arent compatible I think ...when i use my other earphones on my phone I just get distorted sound and when I use the SE earphones on my dusty ipod shuffle the max volume is very low. you mite have to find a different headset
He's not talking about earphones, he's talking about a Bluetooth earpiece.

I haven't any experience with BT devices with this phone so i'm at a loss. But if I run across anything that might help you solve this problem I'll report back.

Upvote 0
o I see lol
<fail

Did it do this in Android 2.1?

Does your audio ever skip when you do other things on the phone while audio is playing?

If instead of using an MP3 ringtone, you use a default ringtone....does it still do it? Does it speed up the ringtone?

You could try and convert the first part of the MP3 to a compatible/default audio type, then copy it onto the phone's local drive...not on the SIM card. Not sure if you can do that in PC Companion. I thought it allowed you to copy things into a copy of the default media folders....but maybe not...maybe only when rooted.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones