• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

mp3 ringtone problem

patrick85

Lurker
Sep 3, 2017
I have downloaded an app designed for setting a part of a song as your ringtone. The song shows up in my phone's music folder, but it doesn't show up in the mp3 ringtone app. The app compiles a list entitled "All Available Music," but all that shows up on that list is my voicemails.

There was a suggestion to: "Play the track you want to use on the default music player. Whilst playing hit the menu button and then choose set as ringtone." I tried that but it didn't work; the song still doesn't show up as a potential ringtone.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Hi, must admit all I have ever done top set a downloaded song as a ringtone is to play it in the standard audio player and then select options and "set as" then select ringtone. Phil
Edited to add:- Try this Martin, go to "Settings", "Sounds and notifications", select "Ringtones" and at the bottom you will see "Add", select this and choose the track you want to add, then go to "Ringtones" and it should be there (Hopefully!!) Phil

Last edited:
Reactions: kellieannewhyte1985
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones