• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

mp3 tag in HTC Hero

ettore2379

Lurker
Sep 25, 2009
Hi to all,
I tried to upload some music (organized in iTunes) by doubleTwist on my new HTC Hero. All ok about the upload but some files, in Hero player (also other players downloaded from the market), shows "Unknown Album" and "Unknown Artist". :(
Tags of these files are ok on the PC. Anyone knows why it happens? :thinking:

Thank you.

I was having a similar problem, see here
http://androidforums.com/htc-hero/10017-song-tags-not-working-hero-player.html
Are you sure you are using .mp3 and not .m4a (which is what itunes converts songs in to)?

I had all my files as .m4a and had a few issues with around a third of my songs showing as Unknown Artist/Album.

I have since converted all my songs to .mp3, transferred the normal way using USB cable and drag & dropping and all the songs show up correctly. (Except three or four out of 25+ albums lost their album art)

A good free PC software for this is bonkenc.org

Upvote 0
I was having a similar problem, see here
http://androidforums.com/htc-hero/10017-song-tags-not-working-hero-player.html
Are you sure you are using .mp3 and not .m4a (which is what itunes converts songs in to)?

I had all my files as .m4a and had a few issues with around a third of my songs showing as Unknown Artist/Album.

I have since converted all my songs to .mp3, transferred the normal way using USB cable and drag & dropping and all the songs show up correctly. (Except three or four out of 25+ albums lost their album art)

A good free PC software for this is bonkenc.org

I didn't think about that! :p
I'll verify this evening.

Thank you!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones