• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

MPAA threatens to disconnect Google from the Internet

Spykez

Feb 8, 2011
Source

Over the last few months, Google has received more than 100 copyright infringement warnings from MPAA-affiliated movies studios: most are directed at users of Google's public Wi-Fi service but others are meant for Google employees. The MPAA is thus warning the search giant that it might get disconnected from the Internet.

BAAAHHHHHHHHHHH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

....good luck with that. Would be awesome if google made all searches for MPAA to redirect to goatse

It'll never happen. They're just empty threats. It would be an absolutely PR nightmare for anyone that's involved in shutting down Google.

I agree. But I must ask, what if Google was shut down? Perhaps for a week. How much do you all think the web would change?

Would all service providers/web hosts start killing in wholesale some of their customer's sites and pages? I mean, it is something that will never happen, but suppose it did . . . What message would it send to others?

How would the web change?

Bob Maxey

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones