1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

MPE & SunBird recurring events deletion

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by bhavbhuti, Jan 10, 2012.

1. bhavbhuti

bhavbhuti Member
    None

Dec 7, 2011
    Hi all

I have recurring events in SunBird. When I delete the last recurrance I am asked if I want to delete the present task or all the recurring tasks for which I select present, which is fine as the next and following recurrance are still present.

Now in MPE the task is not deleted (nor is the next and following recurrance shown). If I do mark this present task as completed (on phone or in MPE interface) the recurrences too get deleted in SunBird, which is not what I expected to do. This leads to a lot of attended past tasks still to show in the phone on the MPE Tasks widget.

Please advise on what I am doing wrong so that the recurrence do stay in SB, MPE and phone.

Thanks and regards
    Bhavbhuti

Advertisement

2. dvhttn

dvhttn Android Expert

Oct 17, 2010
    I wish ....
    Sunny Cornwall
  3. bhavbhuti

bhavbhuti Member
    None

Dec 7, 2011
    I had done that but had no response for days thus I posted here. Somehow I got a response after many days on the German forum today itself, that MPE does not support repetitive tasks. Do you do repetitive tasks dvhttn?

4. dvhttn

dvhttn Android Expert

Oct 17, 2010
    I wish ....
    Sunny Cornwall
    I think FJ has posted before that he can only check the forum occasionally, every 10 days or so, so that will be the reason for him not replying.

I don't use tasks in Outlook. For what I need I just use a checklist with Notepad Pro.

It "could be" that the problems with recurring tasks are the same as for recurring appointments. 'Search' on the forum for that problem and see if it is the same sort of issue.

Dave