1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Mr Kevin Parfitt

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Liledad, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Liledad

Liledad Lurker

Hi all, im a 39 year old, father of 2.. love life, snowboarding, football, mountain bikes and basically the world around us !! Not a fan of computers which has put me at a disadvantage with my HTC Desire!!!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Liledad

Liledad Lurker

Hi all, i come from the time when cds ruled the music world, so i have a lot.. I put them all easily onto my walkman phone and want to do the same with my desire.
    I dont spend all day in front of a computer and really dont enjoy using them!!!
    Can i do this with my desire ?
    What good music apps would you recommend ?
    And please keep it simple if possible... im not computer clever at all.
    Many thanks in advance to any one who can point me in the right direction..

3. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time...

Welcome to the Android Forums!

I guess the answer to your question depends on whether or not you have copies of your music files stored on a computer. If you do then go to the HTC support web site, download and install HTC Sync on your computer. Once done, when you connect your phone to the computer via it's included USB cable you should be able to simply copy the music files onto the phone. The one challenge with this is that not all phones allow you to access the memory card in the phone while connected via USB. IF you copy the files directly onto phone memory, you risk running out of memory which effects the operation of your phone.

Another, probably better, way to do this would be through the use of a micro SD card. Micro SD cards are small memory cards that fit into the phone. Using an adapter you can plug this card directly into a computer with a SD card slot. With the card connected to the computer you can copy your music files directly onto the card. When done, remove the adapter from the computer, remove the micro SD card from the adapter, and install the micro SD card back into the phone.