• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Welcome! I'll be glad to move this to the right area for you. :)
Hello Mr Steven58.This may not be the right forum since galaxy 551 comes with
native 2.2 Froyo.
ever since i came to china and got China mobile connection. ,I am Unable to access market. I am using android 1.5 version in samsung galaxy....

If the country you brought the phone was not from china,you will need to flash chinese firmware (CSC file).You will need to back up data from internal memory before you do that.Best thing for you will be if you find a nearby samsung care centre.Name the specific model of your phone please so I can help

Upvote 0
I am using Samsung Galaxy I7500 (Android Version 1.5). Please help so that I can start using Android Market. My stay in China is going to be little longer than expected. Also suggest me a good Android phone as I am planning to go for a new phone soon. :)

IN samfirmware.com
click the I7500 menu

Use the instructions in that website to flash the following firmware
I7500CHNIL3
You will have to manually change the language to english.So keep a track of your navigation

A factory reset will be done and you will be able to access the chinese market.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones