1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

mr

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by ajaymohammed, Sep 13, 2011.

1. ajaymohammed

ajaymohammed Lurker
    None

Sep 13, 2011
    Good day, i am mohammed from Nigeria
    ever since i upraded from cupcake to froyo, my motorola backflip keeps restarting and i can hardly perform any operation using the phone. in addition, it also generates alot of heat. what do i do?

Advertisement

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    Welcome to Android Forums, Mohammed.

The heat indicated that something is running constantly like wifi or gps antennas. The excessive heat could also explain the random reboots since electronics are very sensitive to high temperatures. You may have to perform a factory reset and apply the updates again to get the phone working properly, but first I'd check with the other backflip users in Motorola Backflip - Android Forums and see if they had similar issues with the update and if there's a fix for it. Good luck.

3. JRich8389

JRich8389 Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 27, 2011
    Network Engineer/Corporal, USMC
    Jacksonville, NC
    Welcome to the forums, ajaymohammed.

First thing I would do is restore your phone back to the factory settings, don't want to risk frying your phone.

Once you do that, contact your service provider and see if this is a known issue. If neither of those things help you, try posing your question here: Android Lounge - Android Forums

You will get more exposure there, hopefully someone has seen this before and can better assist you. This section of the forums is really just to introduce yourself.