• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

dlcpa

Nov 28, 2009
For those of us using MS Office, Android left a lot to be desired. However, the changeable batteries and the SD cards along with so many apps, made prior Android phones a better choice than Windows Phone.

Samsung took away it's edge. it appears that Windows 10 Mobile will get lots of apps and I do believe, because of the link to business computers in Microsoft Word and Excel, Microsoft have a very good chance of taking market share away from Apple and Android. so for me, the new large Microsoft Lumia phone even if it does not have replaceable batteries or SD cards, it will be a much better choice for me to go with it where my contacts sync perfectly, without the use of other programs, and I will be able to open Word and Excel files on my phone.

so many things can happen to a battery, I had one third party company's battery that expanded and damaged the back of my case on my galaxy note 2. with one battery inside the phone, what happens if that battery expands and possibly even catches fire. I can now charge my batteries outside the phone in a wall charger.

So, if your in business in the management and financial end or contracts management through Office is important to you, why stay with Samsung or any Android phone when you know windows 10 will be getting lots of apps? you really don't need 400 million apps and I believe the major apps work on all phones. What is that the Note 5 is giving to you that you cannot get from a Microsoft phone? There are lots the other way. Excuse typos but correcting has become very difficult because when backsliding over characters the phone jumps lines and erases things from lines above, never below.

What does Windows 10 get you that you can't get on an Android?

The ability to run Android apps in an emulator rather than native.

My HTC includes Exchange ActiveSync, so my business contacts sync just fine.

Last time I tried to edit a word document or deal with a spreadsheet on a Windows phone it didn't go as well as with my Android apps for that. The promise of real Windows desktop integration has been made repeatedly and it still hasn't been delivered.

Hopefully Windows 10 will turn all of that around, we certainly could use the competition, because it not only drives innovation, it provides more choices.

None of these companies are our friends, they're just our suppliers.

The market will decide - may the best system win!

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0
For those of us using MS Office, Android left a lot to be desired. However, the changeable batteries and the SD cards along with so many apps, made prior Android phones a better choice than Windows Phone.

Samsung took away it's edge. it appears that Windows 10 Mobile will get lots of apps and I do believe, because of the link to business computers in Microsoft Word and Excel, Microsoft have a very good chance of taking market share away from Apple and Android. so for me, the new large Microsoft Lumia phone even if it does not have replaceable batteries or SD cards, it will be a much better choice for me to go with it where my contacts sync perfectly, without the use of other programs, and I will be able to open Word and Excel files on my phone.

so many things can happen to a battery, I had one third party company's battery that expanded and damaged the back of my case on my galaxy note 2. with one battery inside the phone, what happens if that battery expands and possibly even catches fire. I can now charge my batteries outside the phone in a wall charger.

So, if your in business in the management and financial end or contracts management through Office is important to you, why stay with Samsung or any Android phone when you know windows 10 will be getting lots of apps? you really don't need 400 million apps and I believe the major apps work on all phones. What is that the Note 5 is giving to you that you cannot get from a Microsoft phone? There are lots the other way. Excuse typos but correcting has become very difficult because when backsliding over characters the phone jumps lines and erases things from lines above, never below.

No, it really doesn't. They have no hardware. Vendors don't care about the platform, so they don't make phones for it. MS doesn't seem to recognize the fact that without at least one iconic device out there to play standard-bearer, they have no shot at cracking the market. And I agree with Early, we've had nothing but promises from MS about every iteration of their mobile OS, none of which have come to fruition.

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones