1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Ms500 insane amount of restarts. I appreciate any help available.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Online93, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Online93

Online93 Newbie

So... Was given this ms500 by my sister in nearly the condition it is in now & Idk how she used it daily. SO the main problem is that the phone (soft)reboots from the system ui straight to the metro PCs boot animation. Takes abt 10 seconds & boots back up. Not too bad right? Well, it does this every time you press the menu key to open a menu in "stock" system apps(like contacts, home ui, file manager, DIALER{{can't make even emergency calls}} also every 4 mins or so it reboots the same way anyway so theres a 4 min time limit while its fully past loop) so you can't do much really. This I guess came to happen over time getting worse & worse so I tried factory soft restore (not button combo) after factory resetting it now is in the worse state I've seen it & I tried also hard reset( button combo) & it goes thru the process fine. Turn it off, put on charger, charging screen shows & works, turn on, gets to mpcs screen & loops endlessly(more than 35m). I CAN GET INTO DOWNLOAD MODE & OTHER PRE-STARTUP MODES. Itbshiws no network or phone identity info) but it loads the stock rhapsody widget finely & plays stock sounds OK. It does say 10b & lgms500 in software/hardware info. I have read around the internet about SD card issues & similar looping but I have tried no SD, & a few diff SD to no avail of changing looping & when I get past loop, i can copy from SD to phone but it crashes afterward. Can't open anything from file manager tho. Can browse folders & see but can't open anything(even apks). But I can c/p back and forth slowly for sake of storing data on the phone like a slooooooow flash drive.

The big qquestionI have is should I flash a fresh kdz with the lg update software via PC, root, debloat, rebloat enjoy?, or is that going to be a waste of time & the problem is obvious & I'm oblivious? Sry for the long post. Thank you for reading it :) any help would be appreciated a lot. I'll answer any questions if asked to the best of my knowledge. Thank you again AF community.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. WarrantyVoider

WarrantyVoider Android Enthusiast

Could be a problem with some system files (the rom) or some flaky flash memory cells. A full restore with kdz is probably the best bet. Good luck.

3. Online93

Online93 Newbie

Thank you. I did just that. Flashed kdz, & it works fine now. Must've been some sort of virus or something. idk. But yeah, flashed kdz, rooted & did the works & now it runs perfectly. Like brand new. Thank you for the reply. Have a nice day/night.

WarrantyVoider likes this.

LG Optimus F6 Forum

The LG Optimus F6 release date was September 2013. Features and Specs include a 4.5" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon 400 processor, and 2460mAh battery.

September 2013
Release Date
Reviews