1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

MS631 Stuck On Metro PCS Screen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by itsRyan, Dec 24, 2016.

1. itsRyan

itsRyan Newbie

I had the latest OTA update installed without root, and the device was running fine. I don't think I've turned off the device after the OTA update, but today my battery died in my pocket, so I turned it back on to ensure it was dead, which turned out to be a bad idea I believe...
    Now, the phone won't get past the Metro PCS screen, so I tried going into download mode to flash a KDZ. The links from this guide (or any guide linking to LG's servers didn't work) http://androidcreations.weebly.com/lg-g-stylo-update.html , so I stumbled upon the KDZ's and 'LGUP' from here http://androidforums.com/threads/newest-metropcs-tmobile-6-0-kdz-firmware.1058637/ And the KDZ flashed correctly but my phone still won't boot :(
    I tried the TMobile KDZ just to see if it would boot and that didn't work either.
    Please help, and thanks in advance.

2. Best Answer:
    Post #18 by viperdink, Dec 26, 2016 (1 points)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

3. itsRyan

itsRyan Newbie

Anyone?
    I've tried everything I could find but nothing worked....

4. viperdink

viperdink Android Expert

Did you try to boot to recovery and factory reset

tube517 likes this.
  5. itsRyan

itsRyan Newbie

Yes I have.
    Might I add that after I flashed the T-Mobile KDZ now LG-UP says my model number is unknown...
    And LG Flash tool can't connect to the server. Plus, if you click on any of the KDZ links, none of them work anymore besides ones that are mirrored...

6. itsRyan

itsRyan Newbie

Also, when I power on the phone, after the LG splash screen, it shows the Android dude with text saying "Erasing..." for a brief second then shows the LG splash again and then goes to the T-Mobile screen (where it never boots)
    The only way to power off the phone is to let the battery die or take out the battery but it repeats...

7. itsRyan

itsRyan Newbie

Neither LG Up or LG Flash tool recognizes my phone now.... Am I ****ed?
    upload_2016-12-24_18-57-16.png
    upload_2016-12-24_18-58-52.png
    upload_2016-12-24_18-59-3.png

8. itsRyan

itsRyan Newbie

I'm going crazy without my phone.
    If anyone can help me fix it, I'll send them $15 USD on PayPal. I'm desperate...

9. viperdink

viperdink Android Expert

10. itsRyan

itsRyan Newbie

I'm connected via download mode because the PC doesn't connect when it's stuck in T-Mobile boot, and it says software is up to date
    upload_2016-12-24_23-29-7.png
    or, is this the right software that I should be using?

11. viperdink

viperdink Android Expert

I'm not sure . I've used both when i was not rooted. I did notice your mobile tool says you are a tmobile device.

12. itsRyan

itsRyan Newbie

Yes, because I flashed the T-Mobile KDZ from your thread because I thought maybe the Metro PCS one didn't work but I still had the same issue. Then I think clicking 'Clear software update registry' on LG Flash Tool made LG Up and LG Mobile Device stop working..
    On the bottom of the B2C download, there is a link for KDZ_LG_Flashing_Tool.zip that links to box.com but the download button is broken on the site
    upload_2016-12-25_0-19-22.png
    But googling the zip lead me to LG Mobile Device tool so I have reason to believe it's that.
    I gotta thank you for being the only one to help me too :) Hopefully we can fix this soon...

bkttk2 and viperdink like this.
  13. viperdink

viperdink Android Expert

14. itsRyan

itsRyan Newbie

Well the problem is that model isn't recognized so LG Up doesn't work... And before I changed the firmware to T-Mobile, I tried both options and neither worked.

15. viperdink

viperdink Android Expert

Check out your long
    p/m message.

16. itsRyan

itsRyan Newbie

:/ It's still bricked. Does anyone have 10J Metro PCS KDZ that I could try?

17. itsRyan

itsRyan Newbie

Dead link. All of the websites that link to LG's server won't work because LG took the KDZ off of their server for some unknown reason.... I tried the XML method where you type in your IMEI at the end of the URL to get a XML with links, but there is no links in the XML... I'll post screenshots tomorrow.
    If you had one saved on your hard disk, I would greatly appreciate it if you could upload to mega or drive.

18. itsRyan

itsRyan Newbie

Thanks for the link, LG Flash Tool allowed me to flash it... but unfortanately now it's permabricked.
    In device manager it shows up as Qualcomm 9008, so rest in piece. I'm going to send it in to be fixed and sell it because support for this phone is so shitty. No offense to anyone that likes this phone, but I'm going to settle for a Moto X Pure.

Thanks so much for your patience @viperdink

19. Relyt2012

Relyt2012 Android Enthusiast

20. viperdink

viperdink Android Expert

Is that the same drawing for the shunt we use to use to force samsungs it d/l mode?
    I still have a store bought one in my stash.

LG G Stylo Forum

The LG G Stylo release date was May 2015. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1/2GB RAM, Snapdragon 410 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

May 2015
Release Date
Reviews