• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

fancyque

Lurker
Apr 29, 2014
Well I rooted it, then I was getting rid of some apps that came with the phone and I think I may have accidentally deleted everything in the /apps folder. I know for sure LGHome or whatever is gone. I can't get into the settings menu. now my lg ms690 can only show camera and email, can someone help me get my LGhome back or turn on usb debugging?..please..please
let me be more specific, my son only uses the phone to play games and other kids stuff , the phone is not used to make or receive calls or text messages as it does not use a sim card and is of no other use to us but for him to play games on..so as long as we can get the launcher up to access the phone that's all that matters, he is only 5 yrs old..please help ..URGENTLY

Well I rooted it, then I was getting rid of some apps that came with the phone and I think I may have accidentally deleted everything in the /apps folder. I know for sure LGHome or whatever is gone. I can't get into the settings menu. now my lg ms690 can only show camera and email, can someone help me get my LGhome back or turn on usb debugging?..please..please
Hello there and welcome fancyque!
Whoa, sure seems like you've gotten into a bind there:(
Well, I moved your thread here to your device's root forum so that others who have your device/rooted, can help out:)

I hope you get your device up and running!

Reactions: fancyque
Upvote 0
i have tried everything i can rea on here and i cant seem to find anything that works, i cant get the usb debugging on because i cant get to settings, that email dont work for me cause i cant log into my mail, cant get the lg software to open on my windows 8.1, my son is having a fit..HELPPP
:)

Upvote 0
Reactions: fancyque
Upvote 0
although the guide above may work... I would try using the LGNPST App. I have used it in windows 8.1 without a problem.
How to Return LG Optimus M to Stock - LG Cell Phones Blog

Don't use that, it zero's out the MEID....

@fancyque, use what Brian706 said:

Have you tried this guide?
http://androidforums.com/optimus-m-all-things-root/665565-guide-unbricking-unrooting-returning-stock-optimus-m-kdz.html

This should get you out of most any sticky situations.

Also, did you ever make a nandroid backup? If not, lesson learned; if so, can you just restore that?

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones