• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root MS840 sources are released!

im wondering why everyone is excited..?

no one has made a rom yet, or even made a stock doedex'd base. why do you guys think that kernel source is out for your device that it means roms or new kernels? someone has to step up and decide to try their hand at making the stuff, it doenst just appear.

i guess the point im getting at is everyone is in here celebrating yet so far ive only seen 2 interested parties in the actual source. everyone else is excited cuz other people can make stuff now ;P. as i said in here there is only two ways of getting stuff for your phone either step up and learn yourself, or get the interest of someone who can

Upvote 0

no one has made a rom yet, or even made a stock doedex'd base. why do you guys think that kernel source is out for your device that it means roms or new kernels? someone has to step up and decide to try their hand at making the stuff, it doenst just appear.

i guess the point im getting at is everyone is in here celebrating yet so far ive only seen 2 interested parties in the actual source. everyone else is excited cuz other people can make stuff now ;P. as i said in here there is only two ways of getting stuff for your phone either step up and learn yourself, or get the interest of someone who can

Why are u always so negative towards everything. I say just let everyone be happy and celebrate if they want to. You dont like it, you can always leave.

Upvote 0
Matlon: i wouldn't take it as being negative. Take it as an inspiration to get things going for our device.

Its saying things like shabby did, that get people motivated to want to develop, and or finding someone to get interested in developing for this specific device :)

But thats just me. don't take offense.

and on another note, a few weeks ago, i got probably about 80% done for a deodex'd rom. but seems some of em just want to stay in their odex form. i dont remember the errors i was getting back, but maybe someone much wiser than i can shed some light on the deodex'ing subject?

Upvote 0
Matlon: i wouldn't take it as being negative. Take it as an inspiration to get things going for our device.

Its saying things like shabby did, that get people motivated to want to develop, and or finding someone to get interested in developing for this specific device :)

But thats just me. don't take offense.

and on another note, a few weeks ago, i got probably about 80% done for a deodex'd rom. but seems some of em just want to stay in their odex form. i dont remember the errors i was getting back, but maybe someone much wiser than i can shed some light on the deodex'ing subject?

Send me your log files when you get a chance.

See attachments.

Attachments

• deodex_040612_140224.txt
    1 KB · Views: 75
  • deodex_040612_141550.txt
    4.8 KB · Views: 65
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

I understand where you're going with all that. And I can't speak for everybody else on this forum, but I'm only excited because since pretty much day one, since we got root people known and unknown alike have posted comments throughout the forum like "oh I'm working on.. (so & so, this & that) but things will be moving along a lot faster once the code is released", or "I can do.. (this, that & the other) once codes drop for this device". For me personally it's a sign that hopefully this device (with the luv of some of you guys) will be moving along a lil bit better now. :)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
that kernel is fully fuctional, it was more of herp source compiled :D youll spot the name difference, but besides that, the only other thing taht is different is ro.secure=0 which means when you do adb shell it returns # instead of having to do the su command ;)

ill change a few things here and there but im in talks about getting the lg viper, wanted to make sure my kernel fu was up to par ;P

Upvote 0
that kernel is fully fuctional, it was more of herp source compiled :D youll spot the name difference, but besides that, the only other thing taht is different is ro.secure=0 which means when you do adb shell it returns # instead of having to do the su command ;)

ill change a few things here and there but im in talks about getting the lg viper, wanted to make sure my kernel fu was up to par ;P

What does your kernel changed from stock? Just making sure what it covered, or if we expect OC, any performance boost, battery or radio improvements, just like a log of what it was done.

Upvote 0
What does your kernel changed from stock? Just making sure what it covered, or if we expect OC, any performance boost, battery or radio improvements, just like a log of what it was done.

that kernel is fully fuctional, it was more of herp source compiled youll spot the name difference, but besides that, the only other thing taht is different is ro.secure=0 which means when you do adb shell it returns # instead of having to do the su command

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i dont know enough about the platform this phone uses to just make up overclock code.

https://github.com/Shabbypenguin/Photon-Kernel/commit/a791da5650f39fa2b416e0d45791131a6c69d8db

this is the oc code needed to overclock the motorola photon, if you read teh code all those changes were just for a .1 ghz oc.

Upvote 0
The system takes the doedex'd apps but, won't boot yet w/ the doedex'd framework.

b821fc06-8ba7-1a46.jpg
b821fc06-8bd2-f662.jpg
b821fc06-8bf2-18ad.jpg

I couldn't get maps deodex'd but, that doesn't matter.
b821fc06-8dc5-2ac1.jpg

Sent from my LG-MS840 using Tapatalk

Reactions: datahead
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones