• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help MSN/Hotmail Issues

coguardmom

Lurker
Sep 17, 2012
I posted this in a general Android Forum, but thought I would post it here too...

I have had my Incredible 2 for almost 2 years now. I have recently, in the past 6 months, have incurred issues with receiving my MSN email. I will get it for a couple weeks, then nothing. I don't change any of the settings, the email just stops coming through the phone. I have resorted to deleting/adding this account every few weeks to get my email.

Is anyone else experiencing this, is there a fix, or work around? I use this for my personal communication and would like to receive this email account on my phone. A customer service rep at my local store said this is a known issue, but there wasn't anything he could do about it, so I thought I'd come here to see if anyone else is having the same issue. It's frustrating! TIA!

Hi! I'm having the same problem the last 6 months on my Verizon Motorola Android phone bought about a year ago. The Verizon rep set up my default email for my existing hotmail acct, so I don't know if it is the official Microsoft Hotmail app or not? Sorry, need help and am not sure how to check or how to fix this issue. It comes and goes on its on. Alert will say on phone to check settings, but all seem fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm about ready to just use my backup gmail account permanently.

Thank you!

Upvote 0
I'm having this issue as well. Have you found a solution yet?

I've had my phone almost a year and it seems that receiving emails only worked for a short time. Now, maybe once a month if I'm lucky my emails will show up in my (stock) email app. Even emails that I've already read and erased from using another device.

This doesn't seem to be only a hotmail issue. Gmail seems to have this issue too. At least when you have more than 1 gmail account set-up.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones