• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root MT development

notebooko

Android Enthusiast
Apr 22, 2012
Hi, I'm in the process of looking into getting the Motorola Triumph as an upgrade from my OV. Do you guys think this phone is worth getting? I know the dev community and amount of custom ROMS for the OV were overwhelming. Is this the case for the MT, or has development slowed and do you guys think many people will be leaving soon for other phones? Thanks.

I agree with the above post if you're looking for a phone with a lot(more than 8) of ROMs; but the decision is up to you. Look through the first 1, 2, 3, & 4 pages of this device's forum. There is also this http://androidforums.com/triumph-al...l-things-root-guide-updated-04-17-2012-a.html but it is not complete; don't be scared to look through the threads. I'm working on two ROMs right now, MIUIv4 and a new ROM.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Hi, I'm in the process of looking into getting the Motorola Triumph as an upgrade from my OV. Do you guys think this phone is worth getting? I know the dev community and amount of custom ROMS for the OV were overwhelming. Is this the case for the MT, or has development slowed and do you guys think many people will be leaving soon for other phones? Thanks.

The first question would be, what is it about the MT that you like? I would recommend looking at the features to see if there is something that you really want. One phone that is coming out may be the HTC One V. it looks like a good phone, and it would be cheaper than the MT. I really wanted camera flash, a big screen and a large internal space ror whatever.

Upvote 0
Seems like you updated the ROM list, though it will need to be updated again by tomorrow if FT or Static comes on.

Yeah, it may take a couple days sometimes if I am busy, but I keep it up to date. Also, anyone can PM me or any other guide/mod or report a ROM thread to get it added. Also with marc a guide, it will probably get updated quicker from now on. :D

Upvote 0
Wow, thanks for the responses guys. I'll be sure to check out the ATR thread and browse through some of the ROM threads. I was wondering if ICS on the triumph is still being worked on and if it is I would be willing to donate if I get this phone! At least I know just from this thread alone that the community is very helpful and active. I've heard about a few problems though with the screen being unresponsive at times and the GPS not being able to lock on quickly. Is this a problem with the stock ROM that is comes with or can these things be fixed with rooting and new ROMs? Thanks!

Upvote 0
Wow, thanks for the responses guys. I'll be sure to check out the ATR thread and browse through some of the ROM threads. I was wondering if ICS on the triumph is still being worked on and if it is I would be willing to donate if I get this phone! At least I know just from this thread alone that the community is very helpful and active. I've heard about a few problems though with the screen being unresponsive at times and the GPS not being able to lock on quickly. Is this a problem with the stock ROM that is comes with or can these things be fixed with rooting and new ROMs? Thanks!

yes, ICS is still being worked on here
http://androidforums.com/triumph-al...rom-alpha-triumph-cm9-v0-6-12-0-released.html

as for the GPS it seems for some people its just there location, other people it seems to be a hardware issue, and then theres the stock rom issue, plenty of people have reported better gps lock on times after flashing

Upvote 0

I never had much issue with my touchscreen. I think it is only an issue with certain types of games (although others will disagree).
GPS is better with the CM7/9 based ROMs, but some people still report issues with it.

Upvote 0
I wouldn't consider the MT much of an upgrade over the OV. I have both in my house (wife has the OV running the Harmonia ROM), and other than the larger screen and more internal memory, the OV is an overall better phone. Better build and call quality, a battery that last for days without much effort, faster 3G speeds and a GPS that actually works. I would wait to see what comes this summer....especially since Virgin has announced that it will have access to Sprints 4G (WIMAX) so who knows what's coming phonewise.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones