• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root MT Power Button No Longer Works

HipCat5

Lurker
Jan 31, 2014
Today I changed ROMs from CM7 to MIUI and the power button no longer has any effect. The system also doesn't "power off". Even using Clockwork MOD, if I choose "power off", the phone simply reboots itself. It will not stay powered off.

I'm now running "StarShip", as it fixes a few problems I was experiencing with MIUI, but the power off / power button issue still exists.

Anyone else experiencing this? Anyone know how to fix it without removing the ROM and going back-version?

** UPDATE : I went back into CWM and I did a key test -- apparently the power button did die because it won't give a feedback code on the power button.

So the question of the day is : Did I kill the power button by doing the "3 finger salute" to start CWM on startup ... or ... did a software glitch kill it? If it was a software glitch, can I "undo" what I did? Thoughts?

Today I changed ROMs from CM7 to MIUI and the power button no longer has any effect. The system also doesn't "power off". Even using Clockwork MOD, if I choose "power off", the phone simply reboots itself. It will not stay powered off.

I'm now running "StarShip", as it fixes a few problems I was experiencing with MIUI, but the power off / power button issue still exists.

Anyone else experiencing this? Anyone know how to fix it without removing the ROM and going back-version?

** UPDATE : I went back into CWM and I did a key test -- apparently the power button did die because it won't give a feedback code on the power button.

So the question of the day is : Did I kill the power button by doing the "3 finger salute" to start CWM on startup ... or ... did a software glitch kill it? If it was a software glitch, can I "undo" what I did? Thoughts?

I is probably a hardware failure (power button). You can test it by pulling the battery. That will start you from a fully off state and if it kicks itself back on then the button is stuck on. And I have found the issues to be intermitant by nature.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones