• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

MT3G to get upgrade.

I don't get how we go from 'it's coming Dec 31' to 'it's coming Jan 5' to 'it's coming in the spring' to 'it's probably not coming at all', based on a clearly out-of-date piece of mail.

Granted, T-Mo has been overly tight-lipped on when 2.x will be released, but to just take that as an indication that it isn't going to be released is a jump too far in the other direction, in my opinion.

The phone isn't even six months old, yet. I think it's a bit too pessimistic to think T-Mo has already turned its back on it.

Upvote 0
I don't get how we go from 'it's coming Dec 31' to 'it's coming Jan 5' to 'it's coming in the spring' to 'it's probably not coming at all', based on a clearly out-of-date piece of mail.

Granted, T-Mo has been overly tight-lipped on when 2.x will be released, but to just take that as an indication that it isn't going to be released is a jump too far in the other direction, in my opinion.

The phone isn't even six months old, yet. I think it's a bit too pessimistic to think T-Mo has already turned its back on it.

I agree. I see no reason at all why T-Mo wouldn't update this phone at some point. You can't just decide not to upgrade a huge amount of people for whatever reason. If that happened, I (along with a lot of others I suspect) would be VERY hesitant about buying another Android based phone. At any rate, there is simply no reason to think that's what their thinking is right now. This post is pure speculation.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones