• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

MT6575 Unbrick

fordgt72

Lurker
Aug 31, 2012
Hi,
I hope someone can help.

I have two MTK6575 based phones. Both were backed up using a procedure I found somewhere(don't remember but it was Russian). In an attempt to fix volume/market issues I flashed the wrong backup to the phone. Now the phone is unresponsive. What I mean is it should show a battery icon when powered off and plugged into the charger, it does not. No combination of buttons will do anything. When using the flashing utility(Mtk flash utility, can't remember the name) it just sits saying searching.

Does anyone know of a unbricking procedure?

Thanks.

I also bricked my Lenovo S880 based on MTK6575 Processor, during firmware update. Experts help please.

Hi Kram, best of luck on that unbricking, I have a similair issue with my ideaphone p780, that came Chinese and rooted.

I deleted a system app, and now it will not boot past "Lenovo for those who do" boot screen.

There are options for your phone online to Hard Factory Reset, you can try, for my phone there doesn't seem to be that option, but I do need help to Factory reset mine!!!!

H E L P !!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones