• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

MTK6580 with iPhone skin cleaning project

Dainova

Lurker
Jan 22, 2015
Hi,
I got MTK6580 it has iphone skin and I'm starting BIG project to flush it into original Android. It's big project b'z I never done anything like this, just want to give challenge to smart guys from China.
Can you assist me with basic steps how to start it. For now I I learned that I need to find right ROM and scatter file (?)

Can I map directly that model MTK6580 (which I think processor name) to Andorid 5.1 or can I get higher version, I frankly didn't see any info on this phone. Can I get somehow into it's brain to see it, I check reboot log files and see that log#1 was made in May 2017 so it should be fresh version.

Thank again for help how to start it!!

Thanks
M

Unfortunately doing development work for MediaTek MTK device can be very difficult, sometimes impossible, here's why....
http://www.gizchina.com/2014/03/24/mediatek-dont-share-source-code/

Mediatek are the money grabbing type and to date have not released source code for their current chipsets which include the quad-core MT6582, MT6589(T), octacore MT6592 etc. What is worrying is that these are the processors found in many of the Chinese phones we report on on a daily basis!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones