1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Mtk6589t vs quadcore snapdragon 400?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Chuun, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Chuun

Chuun Lurker

i need help
    mtk6589t or quadcore snapdragon 400? what is better?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Welcome to Android Forums.

I moved your question to the sub-forum where device comparisons are discussed.

... Thom

3. Slug

Slug Check six!
    VIP Member

That depends on the device each is powering; having the "better" CPU/SOC is pointless if the device itself is poor.

Hadron likes this.
  4. Chuun

Chuun Lurker

Motorola Moto G vs THL W200

5. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

What network do you want to use it on (and what country). That THL has a more limited range of 3G bands than the Motorola, so best to check it covers those you need.

6. Chuun

Chuun Lurker

they both work in my country (israel)
    i just need to know what phone is stronger, faster from the inside
    what will run more smooth?
    the THL200 or the Moto G

7. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

It's hard to say for sure, because few if any of us will ever have seen a THL handset. This is the only thread I can find in AF which refers to this handset at all! I did however find a thread about the device over at XDA, if you want to get some user impressions.

Reviews I've read of the Moto G seem quite impressed with the performance for the price - Ars Technica said it's comparable to the flagships of 18 months ago. Nominally that THL has a similar cpu architecture (both Quad A7s) but clocked a bit faster, but I don't know how to compare the GPUs, nor how the overall package (hardware and software) performs. Neither is going to match a Nexus 4, or this year's flagships, which are all based on newer chip architectures, but you also have to pay more if you want that power (which is more, to be honest, than most need).

The G has a smaller screen and a bigger battery, so you'd expect it to have better battery life. The THL has expandable storage for media (not apps).

So it really depends on what's important to you. Personally I'd have more confidence in the build, reliability and warranty of a Motorola than a manufacturer I've never heard of, and be more confident of getting some software updates (they have said that there will be a 4.4 update I believe). But it's not my money.

Sorry I can't say anything definite, but as Slug says, there's more to this than just the chip specs. I hope you find something in the link above which helps.

Slug likes this.
  8. Chuun

Chuun Lurker

thanks for responding :>

9. davoid

davoid Android Expert

I would have to agree with Hadron and I would also add that the Moto G has the potential to be a very popular handset and is more likely to have an active developer community allowing users to modify their firmware and make improvements that would counter any advantage of the other device in terms of cpu speed.

But this is still speculation and it is your money.

10. Chuun

Chuun Lurker

the moto g is 11.6milimeters thick, but is it everywhere? or only at the curve?
    if only at the curve so how thick it is on the sides?