1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Mugen slim-extended vs Verizon extended

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by LeoBloom, Aug 28, 2011.

1. LeoBloom

LeoBloom Newbie

I didn't see an accessories sub-forum so I apologize if there is one. I recently purchased the verizon extended battery and the battery life is beyond amazing but its just too thick for me. The phone has been unplugged for something like 13 hours and I've been using it constantly and, for the first time, not keeping an eye on the battery level. Currently, my battery widget is reporting back 60% remaining but I don't need a battery that holds this much charge because I still recharge my phone every night anyway, especially if the phone becomes so thick.

I've read some good things about the mugen 1800mah battery which will fit with the original phone cover. I was wondering if anyone here has any personal experience with the mugen battery?

Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. blackepoxy

blackepoxy Android Expert

Yeah, what up with that, a 1800mah battery that is the same size as a standard battery that will fit without needing an oversized battery door adding thickness to the phone, I am also interested in this.
    Anyone one got one?

3. bik2101

bik2101 Well-Known Member

i'[ve got one. it works well. but the verizon extended battery is definitely better. the 1800 mugen will give you a few more hours than the stock though.

4. LeoBloom

LeoBloom Newbie

How many hours would you say with the mugen? 2-3?

5. bik2101

bik2101 Well-Known Member

can't say. i've really never measured to be sure but i just know i get some more hours with the mugen.

6. LeoBloom

LeoBloom Newbie

That's fine, do you know how many hours it lasts you as a whole? And are you a light or heavy user?

7. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Android Expert

I just got the Mugen 1800mAh battery, so I thought I'd add to this older thread.

Today is my first day with it, but it is definitely better than the stock battery. I'd call myself a medium user, and after over 10 hours off the charger, I'm still at 74% battery. That would work out to be about 40 hours of battery life (more really, since a chunk of that would include idle phone time while I sleep). I could easily get 2+ days on this battery. I was generally running 24-30 hours (extrapolated, since I charge every night) on the stock battery.

So anyone looking for some extra juice without needing a different battery door, this is a great choice. Just don't follow the charging directions on the back of the packaging. They recommend charging/discharging the battery 3-5 times. Anyone who knows anything about Li-ion batteries knows that discharging them is about the worst thing you can do to them.

8. LeoBloom

LeoBloom Newbie

How long would you last with a stock battery?

EDIT: My apologies, long day.

9. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Android Expert

Uhhhh...

By the way, 15 hours off charger and at 63%, so still on pace for 40 hours.

The real test for this battery will be in a week when I head to Florida for 10 days. Being on vacation, it'll get more use, including a fair amount of navigation. And the big test will be when I play golf while there. I use Golfshot GPS and that can do a number on a battery. The stock battery would make it 18, but would be pretty shot by the end. We'll see how much juice the Mugen has after a round.

HTC Droid Incredible 2 Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible 2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1450mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews