• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Muisc on DC. Please help!

I have had the DC for a couple weeks now and I am having a lot of trouble playing the music I put on my phone from PC. Most of my music is downloaded from various websites as mp3's. I made a separate folder to put all my music in on my phone that can be found in the "My files" App. When I try and play the songs it says.. "error playing requested track". After I reboot it works for a little, then error message re-appears. I bought this phone under the impression I could use it as a universal tool. Music is very important to my lifestyle and i would love to get this matter resolved. In short terms what is the easiest, most effective way to put all my music from PC on to my DC.

Thanks!

The official Twitter app has been known to cause this issue that you describe. If you need Twitter access, I suggest getting TweetDeck on the Android Market Place.

Also, the MP3 player that comes on the Droid Charge is... as far as I'm concerned, severally lacking. But because of the open nature of the Android system, you can download any media player you want for the Android. I suggest either Winamp or DoubleTwist. Both of those players are free of charge and are both excellent MP3 players.

I have a lot of MP3s (both bought and personally ripped) along with some iTunes audio tracks that I have bought and they all play excellent in either Winamp or DoubleTwist.

Upvote 0
The nice thing about Winamp is that if you connect your Droid Charge to your WiFi network and your computer to your WiFi network, you can connect your Droid Charge (via Winamp) to Winamp on your computer for free and transfer music wirelessly without having to connect your phone to your computer. It takes all of the hard work of putting the music files in the proper places out of the equation.

Upvote 0
I just downloaded winamp, It is forced to close multiple times when I use to access via widget. Can winamp sync songs from the download folder on my PC? I don't use iTunes.

I have all my music on my pc and use mspot to listen on my phone.. I think mspot is excellent.. Streams wireless, no need to sync phone ever. Manage all your music on windows media player, including creating playlist. Create a playlist on pc and it appears on your phone

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones