• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Mulimedia station dead and another update coming.

Joewoowoo

Android Enthusiast
Dec 3, 2009
Gillette, NJ
A verizon rep told me on the phone this morning that Janurary 22nd is the date set for another OS update, no other details were given. Now on to my dock. I have had my Motorola multimedia station/charging staion for about a week now and at first it was great. After 4 days the tempature went away never to be seen again, I lived with it. Now the dock has shit the bed totally , no screen comes up at all ,its all black and wont charge. I called verizon directly to make arrangements to ship it back and get it replaced. I think when I get the new one I am going to be selling it because of the aftermarket charging docks that are on there way out that will also charge a extra battery at the same time. I f anyone is intrested in the new dock when I get it let me know , the price is what I payed for it $30 plus the shipping is what it will cost for you to own it .:)

A verizon rep told me on the phone this morning that Janurary 22nd is the date set for another OS update, no other details were given. Now on to my dock. I have had my Motorola multimedia station/charging staion for about a week now and at first it was great. After 4 days the tempature went away never to be seen again, I lived with it. Now the dock has shit the bed totally , no screen comes up at all ,its all black and wont charge. I called verizon directly to make arrangements to ship it back and get it replaced. I think when I get the new one I am going to be selling it because of the aftermarket charging docks that are on there way out that will also charge a extra battery at the same time. I f anyone is intrested in the new dock when I get it let me know , the price is what I payed for it $30 plus the shipping is what it will cost for you to own it .:)

Thanks for the info on the update. That sounds about right where people are expecting the next update to be. I'm sure either confirmation our slight changes to that date will be coming shortly.

About the dock: sorry it busted. You may want to think about lowering your asking price, however. It is listed as 29.99 on Verizon with free overnight. Additionally, most everyone on this site have the 20% off coupon code.

An aftermarket dock that charges an additional battery would be nice (i had one for my i760). I haven't seen any listings for aftermarket docks that have a magnet (yet). Of course, you could always use an app to take care of that. Good luck!

Upvote 0
Thanks for the info on the update. That sounds about right where people are expecting the next update to be. I'm sure either confirmation our slight changes to that date will be coming shortly.

About the dock: sorry it busted. You may want to think about lowering your asking price, however. It is listed as 29.99 on Verizon with free overnight. Additionally, most everyone on this site have the 20% off coupon code.

An aftermarket dock that charges an additional battery would be nice (i had one for my i760). I haven't seen any listings for aftermarket docks that have a magnet (yet). Of course, you could always use an app to take care of that. Good luck!

I am going to pick-up one of these chargers or both , check them out.
Motorola OEM P323 Platform Battery Only Charger For Motorola - Motorola Droid A855 - Fommy.com

Amzer Desktop Cradle with Extra Battery Charging Slot For Verizon - Cradles - Fommy.com

Upvote 0
fwiw, the weather situation isn't the fault of the dock. the accuweather servers were (suspected to) having problems for about a week. so far, many people have been reporting that the weather has been functioning fine.

also, make sure you're not attempting to dock your phone into your PC. the dock/charger should be plugged into the wall, when charging your phone as your phone will behave differently (screen will stay on, vs timing out) and you will get the full 1100mA vs. 500mA.

if your dock is not opening the multimedia home, there are a couple things you can do to check that. first, the dock has a magnet in the plastic piece that extends higher than where the phone sits. run a piece of metal over it to see if it attaches. you can also try downloading DockRunner from the market to see if the multimedia desktop even opens. maybe there's a software problem.

there isn't a whole lot of technology in the dock. it's just a usb extension and a safe place to rest your phone, that happens to have a magnet that invokes the multimedia desktop.

Upvote 0
I bought the Multimedia Dock directly from VZW and they sold it to me for $14.99. My company normally gets a 25% discount on accessories but I'm not going to complain. I don't know if the salesman made a mistake or what. Anyone else get this deal?

I got mine for $20 and I get a 35% to 45% discount on accessories. I'd say you got a good deal.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones