• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Multi Contact Merge now

Now you an Multi Contact merge in Gmail, not sure how this will work with facebook and whatnot.
But in Contacts menu in Gmail there is a "Find Duplicates" button.

Google Contacts Can Kill Duplicates in Bulk - Google Contacts - Lifehacker

I wish I knew about this before I spent an hour merging multiple contacts one by one.

Also, has anyone tried to import contacts into gmail using a .csv? I finally figured it out, but it was a pain. I had a spreadsheet of all my contacts, name, address, phone numbers, etc. Uploading this simple spreadsheet would just fail using gmail contact manager. I had to download the gmail contacts as a .csv, then paste my contacts into the appropriate columns, and then upload them.

BTW, semi-related question, does anyone know how to make a contact use the facebook picture and not the gtalk/gmail picture if it has both?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones