1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Multi-Tasking....not really?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by brykins, Mar 18, 2010.

1. brykins

brykins Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2009
    Peterborough, UK
    Apparently my T-Mobile G2 (HTC Hero) multi-tasks. Why is it then, that I might be playing a game (say Puzzle Attack) and I get a new email notification. I slide down the notification bar, click the email notification, read the notification, go back to Puzzle Attack and it takes me to the main menu.

This happens on, I think, every single game I have played. Is there something that the app developers can do to force the app to close instead of simply going to the background? Is it *really* multi-tasking?

Advertisement

2. grainysand

grainysand Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2010
    Most games work like that. Depend on the developer's coding, I believe, not the OS itself.

3. brykins

Nov 17, 2009
    Peterborough, UK
    Seems a bit daft for "puzzle" type games. Could understand it if were an action game or something, but a puzzle game can just stand in the background doing nothing until I come back to it.

4. grainysand

grainysand Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2010
    The funny thing is that I vaguely remember ExZeus or possibly Raging Thunder 2--both 3D, graphic-intensive games--pausing when I switched to another app, and when I came back was where I'd left them.

5. brykins

Nov 17, 2009
    Peterborough, UK
    So it's defo based on whether the app developers decided to implement it or not. At least I know now that it may well be multi-tasking, just not in the apps I am using. Ta.

6. lekky

lekky Lover

Try long pressing the home button and reopening the game, it probably will save your progress at the least so you can continue?