1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

multi texts to friend. why?

Discussion in 'Metro PCS' started by Gmajor64, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Gmajor64

Gmajor64 Lurker

I currently have the LG motion that's been working pretty good. one of my friends have the current samsung galaxy. once in awhile she receives Multi texts from me. don't know why its happening but she is the only one that has been receiving them. I have other friends who have galaxies that I have sent text to but no multi text. trying to figure out. her carrier is Verizon.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. geofferey

geofferey Well-Known Member

Are any of your other friends on Verizon? It may just be an issue with her phone. I have a phone that is flashed to Cricket and I frequently get the same text twice on it.

3. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me!

This happens to me too sometimes. I'll get a text that splits itself up for no reason. Can't figure it out so I just go with it. Not ideal but I can't seem to find anything to fix it.

4. jtw1216

jtw1216 Android Expert

Go into your settings & clear data. That usually clears it up. If you're rooted, a simple wipe of cache/dalvik will definitely help

5. Gmajor64

Gmajor64 Lurker

So far my other friends are on Verizon. No problems with texts. She believe its my cell but just weird that this is happening between us.

6. geofferey

geofferey Well-Known Member

I think her phone may not be registering (on the network side) that it received your text message so it gets it again. The MTSO will keep sending the messages until the phone has reported to the network that it has been received. May just be the way your messages get routed. I'm no expert psssh... Tell her to try and update her PRL also.... Call *228 on Verizon.