• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Multi-Window on Verizon Note 2?

Will multi-window be available out of the box on the Verizon Note 2?

And how will it work? Like, can I browse a website and have the youtube app open all on the screen all at the same time?

Yes, it already has it. Verified it myself last night.

Yes, it lets you have 2 apps open at the same time. The app selection is very limited right now, it seemed to have less than the videos I've seen.

Upvote 0
Yes, it already has it. Verified it myself last night.

Yes, it lets you have 2 apps open at the same time. The app selection is very limited right now, it seemed to have less than the videos I've seen.

Oh so it limits you as to which 2 apps it lets you have open at the same time? That sucks. My dream combo is Chrome/youtube.

Maybe they will expand the allowed apps or there is a way around it?

Upvote 0
Oh so it limits you as to which 2 apps it lets you have open at the same time? That sucks. My dream combo is Chrome/youtube.

Maybe they will expand the allowed apps or there is a way around it?

Ya, sorry, I can't remember which ones where on the list (too excited to be playing with it).

I'm sure they'll add more & like hack3rman said - you can add anything to it once rooted.

Upvote 0
I haven't checked on this since getting the att note 2, but am I understanding this correctly:

Sprint note 2: update released so can do multiscreen.

Att: disabled at release. Not enabled yet.

Verizon: enabled on release, but limited apps available for multiscreening.

Tmobile: like sprint, was disabled at release but update released so can now do multiscreen.

Upvote 0
I haven't checked on this since getting the att note 2, but am I understanding this correctly:

Sprint note 2: update released so can do multiscreen.

Att: disabled at release. Not enabled yet.

Verizon: enabled on release, but limited apps available for multiscreening.

Tmobile: like sprint, was disabled at release but update released so can now do multiscreen.

Correct- that matches my status report Nov 29 2012

Reactions: Wangta
Upvote 0
It has multiview, but it is currently limited to the default apps in the bar and some apps in the play store that support it.

There is not a single app that I am interested in using in the Verizon or Sprint versions of Note II MultiWindow or in the Play Store. So for me MultiWindow is currently a totally useless feature that I have disabled in Settings/Display ;)

Upvote 0
There is not a single app that I am interested in using in the Verizon or Sprint versions of Note II MultiWindow or in the Play Store. So for me MultiWindow is currently a totally useless feature that I have disabled in Settings/Display ;)

There is a thread on xda that has links to several apps that have been modified for multiview.

Netflix, chrome, and several others are provided.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2024399

Reactions: Dieben
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones