1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Multiple calendar widgets (google)?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by luv2skyski, Sep 30, 2010.

1. luv2skyski

luv2skyski Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Anyone know if there is a way to have multiple calendar widgets using google calendar?

I would like to have a "work" calendar showing only has the days I work so that when in "month" view that's all that's in view.

I know that I can go to Menu>Settings>Calendars> then deselect the calendars that I don't want shown but this a little too much work. Ideally I could have separately labeled calendars right on my home screen.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Dave.

Advertisement

2. luv2skyski

luv2skyski Member

Sep 26, 2010
  3. luv2skyski

luv2skyski Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Anyone...really. I've found so many answers on here I can't believe someone hasn't come up with a workaround for this.

Later, Dave.

4. I have been unable to do that with the Google calendars, Dave. Perhaps somebody will chime in soon with an idea on Google calendars for your criteria.

However using more than one calendar app from Market I was able to replicate what you seem to want to do.

There are several options and styles; just do a search in Market on "calendar." ;)

5. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Top Secret
    WA
    I gotta go with Frisco on this one. As I too seem unable to achieve your desired results thru google calendar or even any single calendar app.
    In your calendar search, you will likely come across Jorte which is rather popular with some. It also has google sync-ability and might fit the bill as your supplemental calendar.

6. wtherrell

wtherrell Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2010
    North Carolina
    Jorte is OK. It will do until Pocket Informant or equivalent gets here.

7. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Top Secret
    WA
    Agreed, ok is the perfect word for it. If you cannot find anything better and most people cannot for their needs than its acceptable. But I always find myself wanting more from it.
    Pocket Informant is not exactly being rushed out is it?