• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help multiple custom sound notifications?

so i saw you can enter root files so that you can pick wav files or mp3s as alerts.
so i was curious is there a way to set different sounds for different alerts...
like sms, email, facebook...etc...all having different sounds for notifications?

handcent can have its own so that covers texts, then all others can have one but i don't think each one can have a specific notification .....yet

Upvote 0
Handcent will let you do one for each contact, if you want.

The stock messaging app lets you select a notification sound. GMail lets you choose a "ringtone", as do GTalk, Facebook, and Peep.

The default HTC Mail client doesn't let you select a tone, but (of the other onboard notification sources), that's the only one left, so if you set a default notification sound in Settings, you now have a seperate noification sound for every built-in source of notifications (at least, all the ones I can think of).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones