1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

multiple devices with one google account

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by bthebluehen, Jun 19, 2011.

1. bthebluehen

bthebluehen Lurker
    None

Jun 19, 2011
    We plan on deploying about 90 Samsung Tab's to use with demand/response dispatch application. My questions are:
    1) Does anyone know of any problems I could encounter if I use the same Google account on all of the devices?

2) Do I even need to register all the devices with a Google account to still receive OS and pre-loaded app updates?

3) Is there anything with Google's terms and conditions that forbid using the same Google account on multiple devices?
    Thanks.
    B

Advertisement

2. mothy

mothy Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 8, 2010
    1.There is no issue with connecting multiple devices to the same google account, I have 2 google accounts on all 3 of my devices and they run fine ( I am a google apps enterprise user)

2.Well the pre loaded software for the most part will come from the market still and for that you will need a google account synced.

3. Not really sure but I don't think so.

3. cds0699

cds0699 Android Expert
    None

May 22, 2010
    Shenandoah Jct WV
    Hi I moved your thread from the Enterprise sub forum to the main Android lounge, hope more people will see your thread here and provide you with better answers. I'm sorry I do not know the correct answer for you. I know you can use your google account on multiple devices, but I'm unsure about the number of tablets you're asking about.

4. wayrad

wayrad Android Expert
    None

May 12, 2010
    Female
    Long Island
    The main problem I can see is that this would let you pay for an app only once and put copies on 90 devices, which would probably not make the app developer very happy. Also, seems like any of those 90 users could go into the Market and charge purchases to the credit card associated with the account.

5. Troood

Troood Lurker
    None

Jul 19, 2011
    e learning Consultant
    I'm looking at the same thing for educational use so I'm mainly using free apps or the lite versions for now (also gets around the credit card issue). My main issue is that to download through one account and deploy to multiple devices means you have to sit and choose each device to send the app too. Does anyone know if it's possible to choose multiple devices to save time? I may only be looking at a class of 30, not 90, but it's still time consuming.

6. Stuntman

Stuntman Android Expert
    None

Nov 18, 2010
    Vancouver, Canada
    I'm not sure about mass deployment of apps to multiple devices. I can say that I have an Android phone for a while and just recently purchased an Android tablet. When I entered my Gmail account on the tablet (which is the same on my phone), most of the compatible apps were automatically installed on the tablet. I just had one game that did not install automatically and I just manually installed it. Apps that were not compatible did not install.