• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Multiple Duplicates of Text Messages

I've had this issue twice now. I'll receive a message someone sent once, but I'll get 4 copies of it in a row.

In the thousands of messages I've sent/received, this has happened only twice, so I can't pinpoint what the cause is.

Open to any suggestions and happy to "try to force it to happen" if anyone has any debug ideas.

edit: Using the stock messaging app, not Handcent or anything like that.

Upvote 0
I've had this issue twice now. I'll receive a message someone sent once, but I'll get 4 copies of it in a row.

In the thousands of messages I've sent/received, this has happened only twice, so I can't pinpoint what the cause is.

Open to any suggestions and happy to "try to force it to happen" if anyone has any debug ideas.

edit: Using the stock messaging app, not Handcent or anything like that.
I have this issue too but I don't want to go back to the default as I hate how it shows a preview of the message when it gives you a notification.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones