• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Multiple google accounts

Easter

Lurker
Mar 2, 2020
Can i have 2 totally separate google accounts?? Not email accounts, i know how to do that but each of my gmail accounts is like part of my main google account. I want to have a totally seperate main google account, with its own email addresses because i have 2 phones and dont want anything from my existing google account to be on my new one. When im trying to set it up, it obviously wants my google account info, but i dont want it linked to my existing one. Im sorry if i sound a bit vague, but its confusing me. I know that they say you can have as many Google accounts as you want,, by just creating another one in your google account. But thats just making one as part of the existing one isnt it? Help please, its driving me mad.

You can always create an alias name and create an account based off that.
I have 3 Gmail accounts, and none intermix with the other. 1 personal, the other 2 work emails...

Hi thanks for your reply. I do have a few actual gmail accounts, but they all come under my main Google account. I want to make an entire new google account, not just emails. Its like now, ive got another phone and number, (so I am going to be running two phones with two numbers,) which when I am setting it up, it is asking for my Google account details, because its an android phone etc. Which is obviously the details of my existing account, but i don't want to put that on it, I want a new full separate account. Does that make sense at all?

Upvote 0
What do you mean - 'they all come under my main Google account'?

Gmail is your Google account and they are separate when you set them up.

I have 2 Google/Gmail accounts and they are not at all related or connected to each other. They are both 'main' accounts. They are both signed into on my phone but they are totally not related in any way to each other. Everything stays separated and under it's own account. I just switch between them as needed for email or docs or calendars etc. It would so easy to have a phone for each one, sign into 1 Gmail/account on each phone.

Why do you think they are related or one is a main account?

Upvote 0
Hi. I feel like a total idiot over this now.!! I am very unwell and disabled and I struggle to to comprehend things. Sometimes I get a sort of mental block and for some reason I have got it over this!! I am mixed up with certain parts of it and I have put it all together wrong in my head I think. I have sat and gone through it over and over this morning and it makes a bit more sense now but there is still parts of it which I just don't follow as to which account is which. It's really weird situation for me because I never used to be like this and and I am actually very intelligent!! Honest. But since becoming very unwell a few years ago things just do not go in my head in the right compartments sometimes I think!!! I am going to be needing to ask some questions about this to get it straight in my head and if anybody would like to offer some answers if I posted the questions when I have got them together I would really appreciate some simple explanations!! Im sorry for sounding so daft. Itll have given everyone a laugh anyways!!!

Upvote 0
As I stated earlier, create a brand new Gmail account with a totally different name and password.
Call yourself "Brad" for example instead of your real name. Give "Brad" a made up birthdate and address.
Write it all down and use it as your TOTALLY NEW GMAIL ACCOUNT.
That's about the best answer I can give you

Upvote 0
Hi @Easter
I totally understand how confusing Google (and others) can be at the best of times. I'd like to suggest a solution which should help you keep two (or more) IDs separate. I'm speaking from experience of having to divide myself in two parts. One in one country, speaking one language and the other in another, speaking another language and naturally with a whole different set of work, family, friends, social media, etc. To save mixing them up, I first set up two users on my laptop and PC. That made it easy to concentrate on one at a time. You can then progress to accessing both Identities via one App on your phone as well as online. That is sometimes necessary. You can also share calenders if you want or keep them separate... Nothing will be visible to anyone but you yourself. I hope this helps. It is quite simple once you organise various aspects which can make it all feel complicated, if you see what I mean?
Good luck!

Upvote 0
I am mixed up with certain parts of it and I have put it all together wrong in my head I think. I have sat and gone through it over and over this morning and it makes a bit more sense now but there is still parts of it which I just don't follow as to which account is which....I am going to be needing to ask some questions about this to get it straight in my head and if anybody would like to offer some answers if I posted the questions when I have got them together I would really appreciate some simple explanations!!
Ask away!
This can all get very confusing very quickly, the basic stuff still throws me for a loop sometimes.

Upvote 0
I think you are mixing up aliases and totally separate gmail accounts.

I have my outlook email under my main gmail account so I can send as "myemail@outlook.com" from my gmail app.

I also have a totally separate gmail account from my main gmail account "myothergmail@gmail.com" and it is NOT "under" my main gmail account.

I hope that makes sense.

Having a separate gmail account is no different from me having a gmail main account and my wife has her own account.

Reactions: Easter and Dannydet
Upvote 0
Hello everyone who answered me I'm sorry I haven't answered and said thank you for the replies but for some reason my notifications stopped coming to my email and I thought I had only had the first couple of replies. So thank you.
I have taken it all on board and seem to be getting somewhere a bit now.
I'm also totally hopeless at posting on forums so goodness knows what will happen when I get going.

Also, I am looking for a very large Android phone
at the moment I have got a Huawei 20 x which is huge but I need to replace it.
but I'm wanting to go for something with a stylus like the new Samsung S22 Ultra which seems to be about the biggest I can see.
there doesn't seem to be many about that are actually advertised as being able to use a stylus.
I don't know if you can use a stylus with most phones if they are touch screen???

Can anyone point me towards a huge smartphone, preferably with a stylus or capability for, if not with a stylus then just a massive phone, 5g and at least 128gb?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones