• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Multiple Google Voice Accounts

trray34

Lurker
Nov 11, 2009
I have two different google voice numbers, one for business and one for personal. I was wondering if there is an app or a certain way in which you can chose between which number you would like to call from without logging out and logging back in under each different account.

I was wondering the same thing.

So far, it looks like we would have to forward one of the GVOICE number to the other GVOICE number.

Then, we would have to use a 3rd party app, to switch between the primary & 2ndary GVOICE number for calls. Havent tried it, but in theory, it should work.

The only con would be, recieving a call from from an unknown caller, and having no idea which number the unknown called called! Which should be a very RARE occasions!

Upvote 0
Well, I'm sure you have your own reasons, but I think the whole idea of google voice is to consolidate all your phones to just one number. I can see the downside of having your business phone on your bedside every night, but with that being the thinking behind idea of google voice, support for multiple numbers may not be right around the corner (at least not from google). But with multiple gmail support coming in 2.0, we may be able to expect the same from GV soon.

Upvote 0
Update? Anyone one know anything about this situation.

Here's a rough explanation of my situation: I'm a leader in a large PS3 gaming community (4-500 active members) - go ahead and call me a dork. With all the things I do there, I occasionally have to give my number to members. I try to stick to msn/skype/google chat. However, that does not always work out. I have many seperate Gmail accounts for dispersing to different people; specifically, I have one designated as my gaming account. So, I would like to associate my gaming gmail with a specific GV Number.

Knowing all that, if I were able to obtain an additional GV invite for that account (I do not currently have one and I probably sound selfish), would it be possible to have 2 different accounts going to the same phone?

Though I don't currently use a GV number (only my primary number), I don't what to use my primary Gmail accout's GV number for this gaming line incase I do eventually begin to use the GV number.

I know I know, it's all very confusing. Let me know if I need to explain more thoroughly.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones