1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Multiple Issues. Help needed

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by oleb84, Jan 13, 2014.

1. oleb84

oleb84 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 15, 2011
    Male
    London
    This phone is pissing me off. I've had it since launch day, run 4.3 on the Vodafone UK network and have the following issues:

Constantly dismounts sum card and I'm forced to reboot the phone

The phone reboots itself at random intervals

Doesn't register on phone network. I may have full signal including h+ mobile internet but when I make a phone call it says "not registered on network"

As stated, I'm getting seriously pissed of with all of this. If the Nexus 5 had expandable memory I think I'd sell this awful phone in a flash.

Advertisement

2. dynomot

dynomot Android Expert

Dec 4, 2011
    Male
    Sheffield U.K
    Dismissing a whole model of phone just because you have issues with a single one is a bit churlish. Particularly when it sounds like it is the SIM is at fault. Either try a new SIM card (Vodafone will give you a new free one instantly in store - I know I've done it) or try your SIM in a different phone first and see if you get issues there.

If you have a faulty phone (and it's possible) Vodafone will oblige your warranty by repairing it.

3. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    All those issues could also be caused by dirt in the SIM card socket (or on the SIM card), or a bent or broken off contact. Or a new bug in the 4.3 update.

4. dynomot

dynomot Android Expert

Dec 4, 2011
    Male
    Sheffield U.K
    I can't see it being a bug in 4.3. I had a Vodafone branded 4.3 SGS4 and it ran perfectly without any issues the OP is finding. It could be a dirty SIM or broken contact in the SIM tray though. A thing I've noticed with phones where you have to slide a SIM card in, applying pressure to it at the same time is that it bends the SIM card with repeated removal/reinsertion, now that will cause issues.

5. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    And that's all we're going to see. No more open SIM trays with sliding locks - that's so 2003.

As for the bug issue, I've seen many different sets of bugs reported on the same model S3. Whatever is causing that (and I've only been writing code for 40 years, so I'm no expert) could also be causing strange - and different - problems in some S4s.