1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Multiple Launchers

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by txrxio, Mar 22, 2011.

1. txrxio

txrxio Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 4, 2010
    Engineer
    Anyone else use more than one launcher in parallel? I went to LauncherPro for a bit, then back to Sense while I was trying to find replacements for the Sense widgets (my wife loves the way the clock-weather widget covers the whole screen with rain/mist/etc) and it didn't work well with rotating some other widgets. I set up some Minimalist Text widgets on the main page and discovered that you could get them to perform actions by tapping. Going through the massive list of actions I found one for LauncherPro and set that. Now I have a whole extra section of pages that I can access with a single press of a home screen icon. I've set the extra pages up for mostly bookmarks since it means I can use the phone in landscape for all my web surfing, I don't expect to need all the extra screens as anything more than photo holders. I expect I could add more launchers and do the same thing with them too, or possibly reverse it so that launcherpro is the main launcher and Sense is the secondary.

I'm still not entirely happy with the way Launcherpro does rotation since it squashes and stretches the rectangular spaces, are there are any launchers that use purely square icons so that rotating the screen means they simply swivel on the spot? I'm essentially using label-free icons at the moment anyway thanks to Desktop Visualizer and square icons would give me at least one extra row too.

Advertisement

2. ardchoille

ardchoille Android Expert
    None

Mar 8, 2011
    Male
    Ordained Minister
    Seattle
    I have ADW EX, Go Launcher EX and LauncherPro Plus installed. I can't seem to make up my mind which is the best of the three so I bounce between them.

3. flyinjoe13

flyinjoe13 Android Enthusiast
    None

May 18, 2010
    Yeah, I have a version of just about every launcher in the market installed on my phone and switch between them periodically for no other reason than to change the look of the phone slightly so I don't get bored with what I have.