• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Multiple media players opening at once

donatolla

Lurker
Aug 9, 2010
I have a weird issue with a Telus Desire. I'll start off by saying that I think the problem is with the Cyberon Voice Commander that's installed as part of Telus' build, but I'll go through the story just in case there is something else.

A primary use case for my phone as a mp3 player in the car. The built in player isn't quite right, so I've been working with others. Started with bTunes, then TuneWiki, and now I've settled on MixZing.

My problem is that when I plug in the auxiliary in the car, one of two things happens: Either the Cyberon Voice Commander automatically starts and thinks I want to make a call, or, a second media player will start after I've started playing music. Annoying part of the second media player is that it will play a few seconds of a song, then skip to another, then repeat until I kill the app. Today, it even started playing a song backwards. This was happening with all of the media players I've tried, so I don't think it is their fault.

I think Cyberon may be launching the media player...not sure. My favourite part is that I can't remove the app (I'd love to as voice commands do not work well). I have noticed that when I plug in the audio cable, the phone periodically detects it as a headset, not headphones (the plug is definitely not a headset plug).

I'd like to get rid of the voice commander, but I'd really like to ensure that the HTC media player never starts unless I want it to, let alone at the same time as when I'm playing a playlist in MixZing.

Any thoughts?

No ideas eh?

This is proving frustrating. I have narrowed it down to the Cyberon Voice Commander - it launches automatically when headphones are plugged in.

HTC says it is an added feature. Why would I want my phone to automatically call someone just because I plugged in headphones? Why would I want it to choose what music player it wants to play?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones