• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Multiple names under one saved contact

I would like to be able to save multiple names under one Google contact. How can I do that?
Example : One business name with 2 people that work there. Would like to list both of those people under names and just the business under business name.
Thanks.

That's not how contacts are set up. You can have two contacts "Joe Smith" and "Sam Jones" and enter "Johnson Trucking" as the company under each contact. The people app doesn't support multiple names. You'll need to come up with a workaround using existing fields, but the phone will only display certain fields on the caller ID.

You could make the 'name' the company name, and then have the two employees listed in another field like 'title' or 'notes'. If they have different phone numbers you could also list each phone number under the company, and then give the phone numbers a custom name (instead of home or mobile) and enter the two employee's names. You can do the same with email addresses for each.

ie...

Name: Johnson Trucking

phone:
800-555-1212 : Joe Smith
800-555-1213 : Sam Jones

email:
jsmith@jtrucking.com : Joe Smith
sjones@jtrucking.com : Sam Jones

Upvote 0
That's not how contacts are set up. You can have two contacts "Joe Smith" and "Sam Jones" and enter "Johnson Trucking" as the company under each contact. The people app doesn't support multiple names. You'll need to come up with a workaround using existing fields, but the phone will only display certain fields on the caller ID.

You could make the 'name' the company name, and then have the two employees listed in another field like 'title' or 'notes'. If they have different phone numbers you could also list each phone number under the company, and then give the phone numbers a custom name (instead of home or mobile) and enter the two employee's names. You can do the same with email addresses for each.

ie...

Name: Johnson Trucking

phone:
800-555-1212 : Joe Smith
800-555-1213 : Sam Jones

email:
jsmith@jtrucking.com : Joe Smith
sjones@jtrucking.com : Sam Jones
The Sony Ericsson K700i I used had this feature I could open a contact XYZ company under which I could save up to 10 contact numbers with 10 different names. I don't think the OS was symbian

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones