1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Multiple no subject text messages?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by aapeppin, Jun 7, 2020.

1. aapeppin

aapeppin Lurker

I am having a problem where on my Android phone I am receiving a string of multiple no subject text messages from one of my contacts who reports that she did not send them. Each message has no subject and indicates a file size of 1kb and a time which it expires. Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this? Thank you!

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

What sort of message is this? To me "text message" means SMS by default, but I've never seen anyone include a "subject" in an SMS and people don't generally talk about file sizes for these. Nor do SMS have expiry times. So are you talking about MMS, or some other message app?

Did your contact check her outbox to make sure she didn't send them accidentally? I once received what felt like a "denial of service" attack from one of my friends accidentally sending me a continuous string of SMS when he left his phone unlocked in a pocket.

3. aapeppin

aapeppin Lurker

Hi, you're right this is not a sms message but it does indicate that it is an mms. I am not really familiar with what the difference is for these file types so forgive me. This is coming into the default text messaging app on the samsung phone. Occasionally some of the messages will show as "downloading" and then stop. I tried googling this but couldn't seem to find a similar problem or solution. Thanks for your help.