• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Multiple no subject text messages?

aapeppin

Lurker
Jun 7, 2020
I am having a problem where on my Android phone I am receiving a string of multiple no subject text messages from one of my contacts who reports that she did not send them. Each message has no subject and indicates a file size of 1kb and a time which it expires. Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this? Thank you!

What sort of message is this? To me "text message" means SMS by default, but I've never seen anyone include a "subject" in an SMS and people don't generally talk about file sizes for these. Nor do SMS have expiry times. So are you talking about MMS, or some other message app?

Did your contact check her outbox to make sure she didn't send them accidentally? I once received what felt like a "denial of service" attack from one of my friends accidentally sending me a continuous string of SMS when he left his phone unlocked in a pocket.

Upvote 0
Hi, you're right this is not a sms message but it does indicate that it is an mms. I am not really familiar with what the difference is for these file types so forgive me. This is coming into the default text messaging app on the samsung phone. Occasionally some of the messages will show as "downloading" and then stop. I tried googling this but couldn't seem to find a similar problem or solution. Thanks for your help.

Upvote 0
What is causing this? If you click on it say's downloading, then it disappears.

Attachments

• 20210214_102558.jpg
    20210214_102558.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 840
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones