• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Multiple phone contact entries

Thanks. This is weird. I only see one account there. Then I went to a contact that I've had in there for years, and the contact phone number somehow changed to a recent caller's number. Very bizarre.

How many google accounts do you have on your device?
When you look at your device are you storing all contacts on your phone or in your gmail account?
Are you using Facebook, twitter or any other service that brings in contacts?

I would suggest that you go on a desk top open up your gmail account, click on contacts and edit duplicates there.

Do you know how to edit dups on GMail?

Upvote 0
Hi, I'm no expert to all this, but I had the same problem, the" earmarked page lookin thing", doesn't that mean its a sim card contact, and the one without it, is a phone memory one. I couldn't add contacts to groups unless I added them to the phone memory, once added, they appeared twice, one with the "earmarked page lookin thing".
Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones