1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Multiple problems, battery, mobile internet/APN

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Metalligator, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Metalligator

Metalligator Lurker
    None

Jan 13, 2012
    Running 2.3.5 - Vodafone UK
    Had phone since may, so have upgraded firmware twice now.

1. I have never had a full day out of the battery. I think it used to be better but has got very bad, I brought an 'upgraded one' which I think was better but recently has started to deteriorate (maybe?) and now I can't even get to double figures in hours. Even with light-no usage.
    I've tried all settings in wifi sleep mode which makes no difference. I only ever have background data on, never sync all the time. My background is solid black, I only have one home screen and the only widget I have is google search.
    It won't let me post links yet but if you go to photobucket . com / sampson85galaxy2 can see some screenshots of battery graphs.
    Recently after restarts the battery will suddenly have lost A LOT of charge and not sure why?

2. Since the most recent firmware upgrade the phone will sporadically loose data connection and not regain until restart the phone. The first time it happened it didn't come back after restart worked out it was access point settings under Wireless/connection, set it to right one and was fine for a while.
    Suddenly it has started loosing the settings and when I go to 'access point names' there is nothing there (there obviously was before and should be). I can reset to default and nothing happens. If I click add new 'com.android.settings' crashes and kicks me out of the screen. A restart USUALLY fixes it, but recently a restart sometimes costs me half my battery so getting a little tedious.
    When I am home sometimes I don't notice because am on Wifi so may happen more than I know

Advertisement

2. Metalligator

Metalligator Lurker
    None

Jan 13, 2012
    over 100 views and not one comment?
    Think the battery is doing better now uninstalled some stuff but still won't break into double figures.

Apart from display android system crops up as 2nd highest drainer quite frequently

3. kcamacho

kcamacho Lurker
    None

I have the same problem as you did, my phones battery isn't that great, and charging it takes forever, and yea ur right it doesn't make any sense that no one commented haha.

4. Metalligator

Metalligator Lurker
    None

Jan 13, 2012
    Got me excited then, thought someone had replied!

Currently abroad so turned phone to aeroplane mode and still got a 40% battery left from tis morning which is unheard of, so guessing it is something to do with signal/data. Having a phone that can't use data/mobile networks is a bit useless, any idea of how to work out what's doing it?

Sam

5. vazizdaz

vazizdaz Newbie
    None

Oct 17, 2011
    I suppose battery drain problems may have multiple possible causes, so the solution I used might not help in your case. Anyway, what did the trick for me (week old phone, huge drain even when inactive): use your phone until the battery is completely exhausted. Switch your phone off. Charge until battery is 100% full. I had to do this twice in a couple of weeks. No problems ever since. Hope it will work for you too!

6. Metalligator

Metalligator Lurker
    None

Jan 13, 2012
    Have done a few full cycles, newest problem it randomly switches off, no restart, no shut down, just same as pulling battery. Tried wiggling battery can't get it to do it on movement.
    Updated to ICS and still the same. Any ideas?

7. Russell Ng

Russell Ng Android Expert
    None

Sep 29, 2011
    Male
    Engineer
    Kuala Lumpur
    A little obvious, but have you tried a factory reset?

8. Metalligator

Metalligator Lurker
    None

Jan 13, 2012
    The update to ICS involved wiping all data and cache