1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Multiple problems, immediately can't op-en Contacts

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DragonDon, Nov 18, 2011.

1. DragonDon

DragonDon Lurker
    None

Apr 8, 2011
    So slowly, but surely my Galaxy Tab has been degenerating in it's overall duty. Nothing seems to help it. I am quite convinced that this all started after the first Kies update it received shortly after I bought it earlier this year.

Let's just try to takle things one at a time, they may be related or may not.

First, and more critically, I can't open my contacts. When I do I get the error message "The process andrdoid.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

This started happening yesterday when the device randomly shutdown on it's own (has been doing this for a while now) and when I turned it back on, this problem happened.

First I tried wiping just the cache portion (did it 3 times before rebooting into normal mode). Did not change anything.

So then I resigned myself to a factory wipe(did that 3 times before rebooting into normal mode). I really hated to do this but I NEED my contacts for my work. After the wipe and a sync, the contacts opened. Yay! So I finished re-installing all my apps again and now it's gone right back to doing the same thing with same error message.

As far as I know, none of the apps installed have anything to do with contacts or address book.

I will be making a visit to the Samsung service center near me but if there is something I can fix over the weekend with the fine help of the community here, I'd feel much happier.

So here comes the tech stuff.

Model SHW-M180S (I bought this in South Korea and am currently living there)
    Firmware - 2.3.4
    Baseband - M180S.EH12.1526.ST
    Kernel - 2.6.35.7 se.infra@SEI-45 #2
    Build# - Gingerbread.TH12

If you need any logs, just let me know exactly what to gram. I have System Tuner installed (seems to be pretty good at grabbing logs) and this is a completely non-rooted device(if that wasn't obvious already...).

Advertisement

2. sebgalaxytab

sebgalaxytab Lurker
    None

Dec 6, 2011
    Am having the same problem on my Galaxy Tab. Contacts keep multiplying from the calls I have made and crashes the contacts so that I cannot open them. Have read a few ideas on the forums but still cannot work out how to fix it. Any ideas or pointers so far?
    Cheers,
    Seb