1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Multiple problems :/

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MasonSS, Jun 26, 2011.

1. MasonSS

MasonSS Lurker
    None

Jun 26, 2011
    So I just bought the LG Optimus V 2 days ago and last night the battery died for the 1st time, so when I went to bed I plugged in the charger and went to sleep. I woke up this morning to turn on my phone and noticed a few things wrong.

The screen goes black after my 30 seconds and it should lock, it does not. It's black and no touching on the screen works till I hit a button as usual to bring up the unlock screen but that does not happen. Also the "Home" button stopped working. I can't press to go back to the home screen or hold it to view my most recent apps used. I've also noticed that it will reset from time to time. Turning off then back on, even while I'm typing.

Any suggestions on what I should do or troubleshooting advice? I was thinking a factory reset my do the trick but I wasn't 100% sure. Help, please :(

-Mason

Advertisement

2. MasonSS

MasonSS Lurker
    None

Jun 26, 2011
    So I just did a factory reset and it seems like the home button works but it still will not lock. :/

3. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female
    None

Jun 13, 2011
    Female
    Annoying my X-Husband
    Hanover Park, IL
    If it were me, Id take the phone back and get another one. Sounds like you got a bad phone. :(

4. koopakid08

koopakid08 Android Expert
    None

Mar 14, 2011
    Behind you
    Sounds like its defective take it back and get a new one.

5. MasonSS

MasonSS Lurker
    None

Jun 26, 2011
    Okay well now the phone locks and everything seems to be fine that wasn't before but now I can't connect to any networks, like facebook, youtube, or the app market. Is there a network problem or is my phone being stupid again?

6. bac22

bac22 Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 28, 2011
    Good thing no one else has mention to take the phone back and exchange it :thinking:

7. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus
    None

May 13, 2011
    Laborer (all the dirty nasty work nobody else want
    Florida
    Take the phone back? get a new one that will work?No more hassle?Be able to find out just how great these V are for the $25 a month service price?Be able to install custom Rom and Kernels? Really taking the phone back seems like the best and Quickest solution to your problem. Most everybody that has been here a couple of months or more have seen the problems that can be fixed easy,and the ones that require you to send it off for repairs or exchange. Its ultimately up to you what you do with your "V",advice is free(we get freely,we give freely). That's what this site is all about,and the members as a whole really enjoy helping others. EDIT: Sorry bac22 I didn't mean to quote your post,I meant to quote MasonSS last post. Sorry for the confusion(getting older is a pain,now my brain is going south,what next?)

8. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female
    None

Jun 13, 2011
    Female
    Annoying my X-Husband
    Hanover Park, IL
    You get to be addlepated with me! :p ;)

Tags: