• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root multiple questions

kemo1990

Sep 7, 2011
-I just received my replacement evo v 4g, and have to send back my old one, but its been rooted/s-offed what do i need to do to return it without any problems?
- how close are the devs to getting 1080p to work on the evo v? and is there anything we can do to make the sensor work better?
-I did an update but im not sure if it was the radio update it said "personilzation"
and which roms can i use with that update?
Screenshot_2013-01-05-16-50-32_zps771b9429.png

-I just received my replacement evo v 4g, and have to send back my old one, but its been rooted/s-offed what do i need to do to return it without any problems?
I also received a replacement last month, and the one i sent back was rooted/s-offed, i did not do anything to it, i sent it just like that with a JB rom on it, i think they don't care.

I also kept both back covers, my phone was the sprint branded one it did not had the virgin mobile logo in the back cover, the one they sent was the one with the virgin mobile logo in the back cover.

Upvote 0
On the screen you showed, if you click more, your baseband should be 1.09.00.0706 if you have the update. I think mine was 1.03x before I did the update. My phone was new,never updated, so I just went to updates in the settings and did all three, top to bottom (tap to open, then tap "check now". The bottom one "HTC software update" is the important one, and it restarts the phone.

It's probably best to keep updates scheduled for most of us, kinda auto updates on Windows, but if you know there is an important update, by all means, grab it manually, so you get it when you want it.

Upvote 0
On the screen you showed, if you click more, your baseband should be 1.09.00.0706 if you have the update. I think mine was 1.03x before I did the update. My phone was new,never updated, so I just went to updates in the settings and did all three, top to bottom (tap to open, then tap "check now". The bottom one "HTC software update" is the important one, and it restarts the phone.

It's probably best to keep updates scheduled for most of us, kinda auto updates on Windows, but if you know there is an important update, by all means, grab it manually, so you get it when you want it.
i checked and it is 1.09, anyone know if i can still use all the roms? or will they brick/undo the update?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones