• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Multiple streaming apps not workingorking

Moomin1981

Lurker
Sep 3, 2021
Recently several of my streaming apps have stopped working. When I try and load them it looks like they can't find an internet connection, but there is nothing wrong with my connection. It is affecting multiple apps but not all: all4, BBC iPlayer and Disney+ have stopped working but Netflix and red bull TV seem fine. I'm using a Huawei mate 10 pro, so thats pre the removal of Google services.

I've tried restarting phone, clearing cache and junk files and reinstalling the apps.

I've attached an example screenshot from all 4

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210903_141430_com.channel4.ondemand.jpg
    Screenshot_20210903_141430_com.channel4.ondemand.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 187
First, try rebooting the phone.

If that doesn't help, then see if updates are available for those apps and Android System Webview.

I had already rebooted and checked for updates on the apps.

I wasn't aware of webview. This is showing with an updated available, but when I try to update it hangs in a state of "pending" and does not update. See screenshot

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210903_144101_com.android.vending.jpg
    Screenshot_20210903_144101_com.android.vending.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 161
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones