1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Multiple wallpaper per screen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by freakaboutcars, Jan 11, 2010.

1. freakaboutcars

freakaboutcars New Member

Jan 10, 2010
    MGT at Walgreens
    Venice, FL
    Hello everyone!

Thank for all your help! I was wondering if there is a setting or an app for having multiple wallpapers or pictures for each screen?

Advertisement

2. thrifty

thrifty Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    I've wondered that also. I would love that.

3. pinesal

pinesal Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Sweeter home can do it.

4. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2009
    Director of IT
    Cleveland, OH
    A little more info ...

The stock home desktop does not support multiple wallpapers. And of the many home-replacement apps, only Sweeter Home supports multiple wallpapers. But the new Sweeter Home Preview 2 was just released, hot off the press, and it's not even on the Market yet. I just downloaded it, and I don't have time to play with it until this evening. But it appears to have somewhat of a learning curve. If you're a geek like me, it might be right up your alley.

Checkout some of these videos on YouTube.

5. sooper_droid12

sooper_droid12 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2009
    It's totally a geek thing Sweeter Home. There's so much customization possible and all of it is in layers and layers of menus and options. Typical PC/Linux mindset. I will hold off on SH until I see a bit more of it. It looks like a really memory intensive home replacement.

6. freakaboutcars

freakaboutcars New Member

Jan 10, 2010
    MGT at Walgreens
    Venice, FL
    Thank you very much! I'm going to download that now! I will keep everyone posted how well it works!

7. Needsdecaf

Needsdecaf Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2009
    Northern VA
    I ran it for about 1/2 hour. It ran really fast, but I must say, it is not for my mindset. Sorry to say that it's TOO customizable, lol.

Kudos to the developer for putting it out there, it's AWESOME. But I would never stop messing with it if I were running it.

8. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2009
    Director of IT
    Cleveland, OH
    Just to make sure we're all on the same page. Sweeter Home Preview 2 just got released today on their website. It's not on the Market yet. There is a thread about it today.

9. kokiangel

kokiangel Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Female
    Banker
    Helena, Alabama
    Just downloaded Sweeter Home 2 and played with it for a while. Will stick with dxTop until I get Sweeter Home set up the way I like. At the moment dxTop fits my needs pretty good. But all that customization just makes my fingers itch to play! So many posssibilities...

10. fbird18

fbird18 Member

Nov 16, 2009
    I'm still curious if there is a way to get the different wallpaper picture on each of the home screens? I've got a rooted hero currently running a 2.1 rom. Is sweeter home still the only way to do that? Or are there any options for us rooted users who aren't that tech savvy?

I searched for a while but didn't really find much. Any help?
    Thanks

11. wildstory

wildstory New Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Wow this forum rocks i been looking for an app like this. Since am getting a Samsung Galaxay s2. I was wondering if anyone can give me more information on having a different wallpaper each home screen. Because thats the key seeling point in me getting a Samsung Galaxy s2.

Thanks in advance